Tell me about the Maxify printers

GrantCee

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon ip4300, Pro-1000
Coming here from asking a question in the Epson forum…

It’s time to say goodbye to my beloved Canon iP4300 printer. The head has severe cross-color contamination issues, and it’s gotten to the point that the output, even in plain black, just doesn’t look good any longer. I do like the printer, and so I’ve been scouring local second hand stores for another (or one of the other Canon models that use the same cartridges), but to no avail.

So now I’m looking for another printer, one that can run as economically as the 4300, either with bulk tanks Epson EcoTank), or refillable cartridges.

I’d assumed that Canon had pretty much killed off refillable carts, but The Hat showed up on the Epson forum to warn me of catastrophe should I buy an Epson — and to tell me about the Maxify printers, whose large carts can apparently be refilled. Since I know nothing about the Maxify line, I’m starting from scratch and have lots of questions.

I did do a little research, and it looks like changing carts is a pain (turn the printer on, do something, disconnect the power to the printer, then turn a little gear until it sounds like something is breaking…really??). Also, there seems to be a variety of Maxify cartridges — are they all refillable? Are ARC’s necessary for any? Finally, are the printers/carts here in the U.S. any different than in Europe?

(Note: I’m comfortable disabling ink monitoring, which I’ve long since done on my Pro-1000, so that’s not an issue.)

Educate me on the wonders of the Maxify line!

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
There is no need to continue any refill activity,
either get a Canon Megatank G620/650 or an Epson Ecotank ET-8500 which comes with both dye and pigment black inks, the G620 only comes with a dye photo black. And if you look for other printers just go for those with a user replaceable waste ink box/maintenance box which will save you hazzles when the ink pads are full and need replacement.
Both of these printer models come with the resp. premium inks of Canon or Epson with the best longevity.

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I did do a little research, and it looks like changing carts is a pain (turn the printer on, do something, disconnect the power to the printer, then turn a little gear until it sounds like something is breaking…really??). Also, there seems to be a variety of Maxify cartridges — are they all refillable? Are ARC’s necessary
I mentioned the Maxify printer, simply because you just print and go, there’s no messing around with constant cleaning cycles and there is refilling available or replacement carts if you wish.

It’s an inkjet printer but acts like a laser, just click to print, despite what you’ve read it’s easy to refill and you can disable the chips or use Arc’s, and if you wish to change a cart that’s not empty then yes you do have to rotate a gear till you hear a click..

Some people like Canon printers and some people like Epson printers, and there’s no catastrophe waiting for you if you change sides, just a different mind-set, also just because you choose a tank printer doesn’t mean your free from head clogs, far from it.. !

Decision time,.. Did he fire 5 or 6 shots , to tell you the truth I don’t remember…:lol: