Should I buy an EcoTank to replace a failing Canon?

GrantCee

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon ip4300, Pro-1000
It’s time to say goodbye to my beloved Canon iP4300 printer. The head has severe cross-color contamination issues, and it’s gotten to the point that the output, even in plain black, just doesn’t look good any longer. I do like the printer, and so I’ve been scouring local second hand stores for another (or one of the other Canon models that use the same cartridges), but to no avail.

So now I’m looking for another printer, one that can run as economically as the 4300 (refilling my own carts, of course), and the Epson EcoTank models have caught my interest.

Here’s what I’d like in a printer: first off, this is not going to be used to print photos (I have a Canon Pro-1000 for that purpose). This will be used for general office duties: plain paper documents, mailing labels, accounting charts, that sort of thing. A 4-color printer is more than enough for these uses, and the faster the better. I’d like duplexing, but that’s not a deal-breaker; LAN connectivity would be a big plus. Don’t require wireless or scanning.

Which EcoTank printers, current or discontinued, would you suggest for reliability and durability while matching the desired feature set? Anything I should know about Epson or the EcoTank printers, coming from YEARS of owning only Canon printers?

GrantCee

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon ip4300, Pro-1000
If you want something that turns on and is always reliable, then check out the Maxify range..
Don’t go to the dark side..:lol:
Not familiar with those...guess I'd better head over to the Canon forum and ask some questions!