Media Black Points and Fading Test 106 114 T54C GI-53

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I have noticed that for example Canon Photo Paper Pro has a particular smell,

that could be an idea to promote a particular paper - Canon adds a nice smell to one of their papers - I would prefer most the smell 'Ocean Breeze' over 'Spring Flowers'. The consumer goods industry is already perfuming lots of their products today

Last edited:

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I kept this fading test running for another 2 weeks - now a total of 4 weeks of outside exposure, the test is just confirming previous statements that OEM inks perform best on OEM papers. This test does not include 3rd party dye inks like InkTec nor any pigment inks - no OEM pigment inks nor 3rd party inks. I'm closing this test now.

Fading 4 weeks.png

Lothman

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I kept this fading test running for another 2 weeks - now a total of 4 weeks of outside exposure, the test is just confirming previous statements that OEM inks perform best on OEM papers....
I see excellent results and report of the Epson 114 inkset from the 8550 printer over lots of sources.

In which (cheaper) printer I could use the 5x inkset (CMYK+grey) when profiled and benefit from this good longevity and nice results on glossy paper for my academic (notorious poor) photoclub ;). A3 would be nice but also an A4 model would help, both only dedicated to photo-printing.

Last edited:

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
You effectively could use the 114 inks in any Epson 4 color printer - with refill cartridges or reloaded bottles for Ecotank printers. You may look as well to other older 6 color printers. But you cannot run Epson inks on Canon printers, the Canon GI-53 inks are the best bottled Chromalife 100 inks you can use as well in other models. The Chromalife 100 inks are slightly inferior to the Chromalife 100+ inks, but these are not available in bottles .