Fill Cart with wrong Ink - What to Do?

Charles218

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
While refilling my Precision Colors refillable carts, I filled one of the two blacks with the wrong ink. Should I drain the cart and then refill? If so, what is the best way to go about this? The other option I see would be to get two new carts and start from scratch. Any suggestions for how I should proceed?

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-900, SC-P800. WF-7840
If you don't want to flush the carts: exchange the chips of the MK and PK and swap the cartridges accordingly and try to transfer the sticker: MK to PK and PK to MK. If not possible: write down MK and PK with a marker.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Swapping the chips would be my first choice as well; I remember that I had cartridges for my P400 on which the chips were fixed on a separate little bracket which could be removed from the cartridge - so these brackets could easily be swapped from one cart to the other. If that is not possible I would not clean the carts but just pull the ink out of them via the ink outlet with a syringe, refilling the carts and pulling 1 - 2 ml again to swap the inks in the internal ink channel in the carts, and fill them up again.