I opened the print properties tab on my iP4500 and ran a Print a test Page, rather than manually turn on the printer with the on button.
How did you get the printer "ON" without turning it on? Why did you not turn the printer on as most every one does - using the power on button on the printer? Odd you would introduce an necessary variable.
The iP4500 did not run an ink purge cycle
Thank you for your endeavor to provide proof.
1) Has it not been established that a purge in this scenario may require you to initiate a print job first?
2)
(a) I just tried your experiment with my MP870, though I turned the printer on by the usual method - the power button on the printer. My printer seemed to do as you reported with your printer following a 15 second cartridge removal I then waited 5 minutes more to make sure the printer wasn't going to do another maintenance maneuver and then printed a nozzle check. Before printing began, the printer appeared to do another much longer lasting maneuver. Could this be a purge?
(b) Since the last time I printed was approximately 3 days ago, I turned off the printer and then repeated the experiment to make sure the potential "purge" before print was not due to a scheduled timed purge rather than caused by briefly taking a cartridge out of the print head. After closing the lid, there was some sort of activity that lasted at least 10 seconds, substantially longer than my original test. After waiting 5 minutes, I printed a web page and there was
no delay before the printing began.
(c) Finally, I repeated the experiment but increased the amount of time the cartridge was left out of the print head to 60 seconds. Everything else was identical in method as I had done in (b). The results were identical as (b) with the same activity lasting the same approximate time after closing the lid UNTIL I initiated a print job. Before printing commenced their was a longer period of printer maintenance/preparation activity, longer than 10 seconds but no more than 20 seconds. Aha!
I do not have an external ink waste tank, so I could not measure potential ink purging. Yet, the length of printer activity before beginning to actually print after a cartridge is left out of the print head for 60 seconds may corroborate you claim.
In the spirit of the ongoing World Cup, you only get an assist on goal since I had to finish the test of your claim. You did get a Yellow Card for persistent infringement of the law of the internet: Failure to substantiate a claim when asked.
the older ones don’t but the newer ones do, is this an acceptable answer to question (B) ?
Good grief, you are incorrigible. All I can say is Mrs. The Hat must be an angel on Earth!
Again, what is your proof or provenance to your claim that refilling a cartridge without resetting it and then reinserting it back into the print head within your golden 10-20 second parameter WILL precipitate a purge?
You'll get a Red Card for obstruction of goal if you persist in not answering.
Caveat ?... The time limit you keep referring to is purposely set so the user can remove and replace empty cartridges safely BEFORE the head returns to the purge station...
To paraphrase President Ronald Reagan... there you go again... answering a question that was not asked, for feck's sake. (Crap, now I'm writing like you
)