Fujifilm SuperCCD cameras produce the best prints I've ever seen...

Fried Chicken

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-8550
...short of film

A bit of history for the Fujifilm SuperCCD: it's a unique sensor made by fujifilm (you know, the one that made film for decades, and so knows a thing or two about color) back in the early 00's.
The technology lost out due to the Megapixel Wars of early digital cameras: photographers wanted to see a big megapixel number. The sensors itself has 12 megapixels, but each "pixel" has two "pixels" (humor me), one for low light levels, one for high light levels. Afterwards an algorithm interpolates the image to produce something anywhere between 6MP and 12MP result (If you choose a "12MP" picture). All of this is unfortunately a bit complicated.

Anyway, after getting my ET-8550 and going haywire with making prints, I decided to print out some really old pictures I have from my first camera.
My jaw dropped b/c the prints looked better than any pictures from any of my other cameras. They looked like film from a photo lab.

This can all be read up on, and for not much money a SuperCCD camera can be had and you can see for yourself and make your own decision.

FujiFilm really was on to something, but it's another example of the failure of market capitalism: the consumer is stupid.