Canon Pro-100 ink available from Precision Colors

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
There are two colors that are close. The rest are very different.
All colors are very integrated. Some vendors are claiming to users that gray is not used in color printing so that's no big deal. LOL. So use the CLI-8 colors. heh heh. Would have save me a lot of work and expense!
Obviously they haven't begun to use the printer on a hands on basis.
Light Gray is the most used color. This is followed by PhotoMagenta and then Gray. The grays are matched to the Black and even the black is changed and must match the grays...seems kind of obvious.
Gray ink printing is integral to the color system in this printer. Similar to the K3 system used by Epson.

As usual, get the closest matching inkset so it prints as close to Canon as possible and with the use of the profiles, you get superb results. Get a totally wrong inkset and you're trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear with ICC profiling.

There exists a reason why Canon thought it would pay off to offer these printers for nearly nothing.

wouterkcs

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
As I understand the PRO 9000 ink from Precision colors include an associated ICC profile.

The Pro-100 doesn't, as colors were matched to OEM.

Has anyone compared the mark ii vs PRO-100 in use and color accuracy?

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
ICC profiles will also be included if the user wishes and has the ability and software to use them.
For the beginner with no calibrated monitor and color managers software, the results they will obtain will be very good. The advanced user can take advantage of the ICC profiles provided to take advantage of what the system can provide.
I spent all day profiling today. It is a lot of work.

As they become available, they will be available here
http://www.precisioncolors.com/PC42ICC.html

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I just discovered that you don't need to own expensive color managed software to use the ICC profiles with the Pro-100. This is new for Canon.

peter D

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-100
Thanks you folks (milking,The Hat, wouterkcs) for answering my previous posts to the best of your ability.

The offer of cartridge chips (one time use only)for the Pro100 from diamondink on Alibaba was promising but unfortunately several email requests later I all I get from them is recognition that they have received my emails but no offers to supply or even pricing quotes even when I advise that I'm willing to buy 10 sets of them. They do claim to offer ARC cartridges for the Pro100 as well and I did enquire about them first off but they didn't reply to that enquiry at all.
I suspect that they are really interested in selling bulk ink because they appear to be an outlet for a larger Chinese company that makes refilling inks and markets ACR cartridges and chip resetter devices for other printers.
I've even tried interesting an online store for camera goods etc in Hong Kong to see if they would be interested in stocking the chips and possibly the ARC cartridges but the response back from them has been lukewarm so far.

My understanding regarding ARC cartridges so far is that there is a possibility that these could auto reset every time there is a failure of mains power to the printer, does anyone know if this is true?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
peter D said:
Sorry I misspelt one helpful submitter's user name , should have been milking.
Youll have to practice with this one a little more if you want to get it right next time. (Mikling)

The problem with Emailing most Chinese companies is that they usually respond to you on line
so you have to log on and go back to Alibaba.com to see their replies; its a far safer way than going it alone.

The one time chip (Type A) works for one refill only and the Permanent (Type B) is resettable
every time you power on your printer or remover the cartridge to refill..:)