Canon IX6540

corsair78

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi
Just would like some recomendations after searching the forum.
Who has the best for refillable catridges for the IX6540?
I guess I should stick to original cartridges with a chip reseter.

I do printing in the evenings and mostly over weekends, could I use a CISS with this printer (I understand Canons and CISS are not to compatible)?
Not To certain but I would like a CISS as it would cut printing costs massively but I am not sure
if printing a few pages every night would be enough to keep a CISS going without clogging the heads (newbie).

Any advice to go with this printer would be serious appreciated

Thanks everyone

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
corsair78 said:
Hi
Nobody anybody because there all much the same, Poor..

I guess I should stick to original cartridges with a chip reseter.
That is the preferred opinion of most on here.

I do printing in the evenings and mostly over weekends, could I use a CISS with this printer (I understand Canons and CISS are not to compatible)?
A CISS works great when its kept working but lousy when its left idle.

Not To certain but I would like a CISS as it would cut printing costs massively but I am not sure
No a CISS can actually work out more expensive than a set of OEM refilled cartridges
also youll have no pigment black with a CISS.

if printing a few pages every night would be enough to keep a CISS going without clogging the heads (newbie).
It would be more than enough but so would refilling your OEM cartridges.
Its not that the CISS will clog up the print head it's usually the reverse, ink starvation.

Any advice to go with this printer would be serious appreciated

A very nice printer but I wouldnt use a CISS on it because it has the date strap on the front of the print head
and also remember that it will be difficult to get a resetter for this printer for a sometime to come..

Thanks everyone

M

MiniMe

corsair78 said:
Hi

Thanks everyone
You can search for any refillables that match your carts on google. Also the 225/226 series carts for American printers will work fine you just got to swap your OEM chips over.

Some of these type of carts are very reliable and easy to refill, you just need to do some homework and googling to figure out which ones!