Who has the longest running inkjet printer?

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
I'll start.

I still use a Canon MP730 (purchased new in 2003). Thanx to The Hat for providing two new print heads (I still have one spare)! It is used daily for at least a handful of primarily household printing tasks.

I have changed the print head once, changed/cleaned the "diapers" twice (THAT"S a real chore), and have used refill inks in the same carts over and over again (although I've had one cart fail and required replacement).

I estimate it has run through several dozen of reams of plain paper. I use "quite mode" exclusively, to reduce print head duty (it prints slower in that mode).

The expense of home printing for me is a function of paper cost, not the ink.

It still prints under Windows 10 (don't know about Windows 11 yet). The fax function still works, but scanning seems to be lost under Windows 10.

Anyone else still running one so old (21 YEARS)?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I still use a Canon MP730 (purchased new in 2003). Thanx to The Hat for providing two new print heads (I still have one spare)! It is used daily for at least a handful of primarily household printing tasks.
Nice to hear they went to a good home.. :thumbsup

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Anyone else still running one so old (21 YEARS)?
I have a 2010 i9950 A3 Canon, but I don’t know how long more it’s going to last because I gave away my last print head to @Redbrickman for his Pro 9000, his printer was a lot newer than mine.. It sort of made sense at the time..

I also have a Brother1240 laser printer since 2000, this one was the very first USB Brother laser made, it can also be connected by parallel cable ? as well, but these printers tend to last for ever.. I also have a 2001 Samsung laser..

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
My oldest printer is an HP DJ930 of the Windows 98 era. It is not in daily use but fully functional. It works with Windows 10 without problems.

Last edited: