Canon i9900 banding problem

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
It is an unusual failure. This may not be the print head but could be a failure of a logic board or some other component inside the printer. An intermittent contact failure may be possible, but the repetitive nature when two of the same images are printed in succession - only the end of the print is "normal" - makes this all the curiouser.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Can we see a service test print instead of a nozzle check, please? Do you know how to force one?

Wayne

mrelmo

Print Addict
Reaction score
maybe i didn't see it but has it been stated that these are OEM cartridges that are being used, only because it appears to be a typical starvation issue, only my 2 cents which is now worth 8.5 cents

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
turbguy said:
Can we see a service test print instead of a nozzle check, please? Do you know how to force one?

Wayne
I am still curious about a test print what exactly does it tell you over the nozzle check.
I have my learning hat on now so be gentle enlighten me as I have never had the need to use one.. :hu

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
A service test print will tell you EXACTLY which nozzles are not working...if it's a scattered pattern it would be evidence of a clog. A regular pattern (say bottom half only), that's more than likely an electrical problem.

Wayne

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
turbguy said:
A service test print will tell you EXACTLY which nozzles are not working...if it's a scattered pattern it would be evidence of a clog. A regular pattern (say bottom half only), that's more than likely an electrical problem.

Wayne
Thanks Wayne.
I can learn something new after all might even give it a try.:thumbsup