AkinnD's Introduction / About Me

Akinnd

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF-2960
Hello everyone,

I’m excited to join this community. Here’s a bit of information:

• I currently own an Epson WorkForce WF-2960. It's has so far been a reliable workhorse for my printing and scanning needs.
    I am here now to see if anyone can help me with a downgrading the Driver So that It can continue working with the Remanufactured ink that are currently installed.
    I have yet to find where or how to downgrade my printer so any help would be much appreciated. I will be creating another Post in the proper section.
  • Over the years, I’ve had several printers, including models from HP, Canon, and Brother. Each has served its purpose well in different stages of my personal and professional life.
  • If I could have any printer, I’d love to get my hands on a top-tier 3D printer. The possibilities for creating custom DJ equipment and accessories are endless!
  • I’ve done quite a bit of tinkering, especially with refilling ink cartridges and performing basic repairs. It’s a satisfying challenge to keep everything running smoothly.
  • I’m a professional DJ known as "Reno" (pronounced "Ren-O") and a Database Administrator. I also help my significant other with her online cupcake business, Lemon Lindy. My hobbies include playing badminton, exploring new tech gadgets.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I'm not clear about your remanufactlured ink - where do you get such ink ?
It is not typical to 'downgrade' a printer when you want to use non-Epson ink, you need to use cartridges which support your requirements - you either get cartridges inl. inks from other companies which you can directly use , throw the cartridges away when printed empty or you go and start refill - you buy a set of cartridges with a special auto reset chip and you buy the inks as needed, and you need to do the ink refill handling yourself.

Akinnd

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF-2960
Hello,
Apologies, the word remanufactured may not be the best way to describe it.
The word I should use is 3rd Part Ink

Apparently this is a common issue with Epson as there a few articles that I found on the topic.
This one here lead me the farthest.

The CompAndSave guide explains how to reset or downgrade Epson printer firmware to continue using remanufactured (3rd party) ink cartridges. It details disabling automatic firmware updates via the Epson Software Updater and Windows Taskbar settings. For downgrading, specific key combinations are provided for different Epson models to access the ROM menu, followed by downloading and installing older firmware versions. This ensures compatibility with non-OEM Ink cartridges.