pharmacist said:
I do not like CISS with Canon, had very bad experience with them and the latest Canon printers are made in such a manner, using a CISS is very difficult and keeping it working for a long periode without problems is almost none existing.
I'm ignorant about CISS, but I'm not at all tempted to try it with a Pro 9000-2 or other CLI-8 based printer. At least for photos rather than text.
I've got what I think will be some serious printing coming up this summer ... from 300 to 1000+ letter size color photos in 3 or 4 days while also taking thousands of pictures at a "Kids Camp" with 300 campers. Then a somewhat smaller youth camp two weeks later, and another, larger youth camp a month later.
I anticipate having my on-location cabin stocked with 2 sets of Red/Green, 4+ sets of PM and PC, and 4 sets of C, M, Y, and Black. I think with a well-thought-out workflow, squeeze bottles with blunt needles and sheath cover, a lot of practice between now and then, several dish drainers for drying, and an assistant or two, I can get overall throughput that won't be that much less than using CISS.
Or not? It could resemble a "one armed paper hanger" in action
And if I am not way over the "duty cycle" of the 9000-2 and burn it out ??? I'm working on getting an ip4500 for backup. Or iP9900?
I've never used an inkjet for text, but my speculation is that CISS + Canon printer based on CLI-8 carts + PGI-5BK cart makes more sense for text, but less for photos.