Hi Guys,
Something new... Maybe a setback, maybe not. Last night when I was testing the printer, I was getting through startup and ending with a solid green light; however my ink cartridges were not lighting up. The carriage was parking over the purge unit.
Today, I tried startup, and now I'm getting a blinking green power light. Continuous, no repeating pattern. However, the ink cartridges are lighting up. The carriage is parking in the middle.
Is this good or bad?
I think I was playing around with the auto paper feed last night. Oops.
But well, the paper selector was set to cartridge last night, and wouldn't change. Now however, it selects between cartridge and auto.
barfl2... I'm looking around hobby stores, but there's not too many in the city I live in. I would prefer to get a replacement gear rather than cementing the original in place. I haven't actually contacted Canon for one yet, but I'll try right now. I have doubts since they blew me off when I asked for a tech manual on the purge unit, saying I should take it in. Worth a shot anyway. I'll keep checking the hobby shops though... I didn't even think about finding an appropriate epoxy there.
emerald... Thanks for the support and interest. I'll check out the JB Weld. I'm gonna head over to the hardware store and see whats what.
For anyone who might be interested, I plan on taking photos of all the parts in the purge unit as I put it back together. I've heard replacements sell for $60. What a crock! It's actually just a bunch of plastic gears and a couple rubber tubes. Before I started, I was hesitant to take it apart, but now that I have, it's actually very simple. If there was any fairness in the world, a replacement would cost $5... retail.
Like I said, I think they're made to eventually fail, or come apart.
Thanks for all the support!