The complete refillers guide to the PGI-9 cartridge made easy.

after a kit do this allready made ready to go :-)
Got no orange clips at all !!! Complete with chip resetter aswell plz
Where do I get the inks from aswell plz full set for the canon pixma pro 9500 mark II ?
 
Well, for starters you can get the inks from Precision colors and you can use a CLI-8 resetter for all but the gray and I believe Photo black
There is NO resetter for those two. You need to get a complete set of OEM PGI-9 and after refilling, do either of these two methods. Reset all the resettable chips and dissable the ink monitor for the two blacks. Or you can order ARC chips for these two blacks also from precision colors. They will reset any time you disconnect poweer to the chip. So you better be carefull if you are the type who turns off the printer at night.

Refilling is probably the easiest of any cart. Either watch my two videos listed below on my signature.or the one by The Hat at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnaWgfQDMJQ
 
I bought a 2nd 9500II since they were so cheap. On my second one I bought ink/resetter/ARC from Precision Color. I had 80+ cards to print. 9500II is very easy to refill and the print quality of the Image Specialists Inks is a perfect match to the proofs I did on my other 9500II with Canon ink. I have no idea about fad resistance of color shifts, but so far I am very impressed.

I wish there was a restter for the Photo-Black and Gray, but I can live with it. I probably used less than $30.00 of ink on what would have cost me $300.00 has I used Canon carts.

I want to thank everyone who has provided write up and directions on how to fill these carts. I am surprised there is not more demand for 9500II supplies. It is one of the best printers I have ever used. The B&W print quality is every bit as good as a commercial print.
 
For many serious amateur photographers and even semi professional, they should be looking at the 9500 very very seriously. I was on the fence over the R2400 and 9500. With the last round of prints. I'm on the side of the 9500 now. The 9500 is an extremely capable printer and for the prices being asked in the secondary markets, a near no brainer actually. Many people who bought cameras and got the 9500 on the cheap, probably don't realize the capability of the printer and the potential low running costs. If only the 9500 could be faster but in reality that is of little benefit to the amateur/low volume market.

Through various requests I will make a resetter that is pre-modified to accept the PGI-9 bodies perfectly. I will also make some "The Hat" type refill shoes ready to be used immediately for speedy refills. These will be available in 2012.
 
I am not a high volume printer. I use my 9500II for proofing before I send off for larger runs. The results form a 9500II easily match the results from the commercial shops, it is just slow and expensive.
 
graycbr said:
anywhere in the UK do the ink at all ?
The answer is now yes and I've also got the ARC chips although I am still considering whether or not to plump for the PGI-9 resetter (investment issues - ie: lack of cash and potential orders, are primary concerns).

I'll get the ARC's listed once I'm back to work after Christmas... (Oh and there's a 5% "order while I'm away, because you'll have to wait till 5th Jan for it to ship"* discount too)




*rather catchy don't you think? ;)
 
Back
Top