Replacement part for Epson SC p700

johnwylie

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC P700
Hello - I'm a new member and have a question about my Epson SC P700. Recently, it has been leaving black ink streaks on the back and side of prints. Upon opening the top, I saw that a bunch of ink had accumulated on the right side, especially on the foam pad. (see photo - the problem area is at the top). I cleaned that off as best I could, but the pad seems to have torn a bit.

My question is whether I can replace that part myself, or if it is even necessary.

Thanks for any advice.

John

Attachments

• IMG_1947.JPG
    IMG_1947.JPG
    173 KB · Views: 58

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
My question is whether I can replace that part myself, or if it is even necessary.
These pads can be clean by pressing paper towels on to them firstly, then soak the next towels in window cleaner and repeat as many times as it takes to get them almost clean again..

The other way is to carefully remove the pads and wash them in soapy warm water, but you must be very careful in how you put them back, they only go in one way, so be warned take extra steps to get them back correctly.. (They can be turned 4 ways ! ! ! )

P.S. This issue is usually caused by borderless printing.. :(

johnwylie

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC P700
Thanks. I will try the paper towel method. By the way, I do not make borderless prints.

JRW