problem with nozzle check pattern ip4500

dx333me

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Anybody has any ideas with this nozzle check pattern? a few weeks back my yellow cartridge of my ip4500 dried out and my friend tried to print without noticing. After that the printer shut off. Only after refilling (German Durchstich refill method and using chip resetter) and a few days lapsed, I managed to get it on again. After that every nozzle check produce the same pattern. I have tried cleaning the nozzle with liquid glass cleaner(with ammonia content) and with running tap water, but all have failed to get a better nozzle check pattern. I read somewhere in the forum that this kind of pattern is caused by electronic issue not because of clogged nozzle. Anybody got any comments?

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Yes, unfortunately, it's true, the dark cyan has an electrical problem. Sometimes, taking the print head out of the printer and putting it back in can fix a loose connection but you'ver aleady had the print head out, so that probably isn't going to work for you. I think you need a new print head.

dx333me

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I'll be getting a new print head from the Canon Service Centre soon.:)

dx333me

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I bought the print head from Canon Service Centre and installed it in my printer. Nozzle Check turn out fine, no more problem. Now it is confirmed that my previous print head was faulty and produce the above nozzle check pattern. Now I have to ensure that none of my cartridges run dry again.:p