My MAXIFY 5350 is on refill ink

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I’m having great fun with my Maxify printer, it developed an error with the magenta cart some time ago and I haven’t been able to cleat it since.

It won’t recognise the magenta cart, despite changing it several times and ending with a brand new cart but still I get the same error, I’ve even made sure that all my chips are OEM so there can’t be a mismatch..

Any ideas ?..
P.S. I am thinking of retiring her to the trash bin..

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
Hello Hat!

Didn't you use the Chinese ARC's ?
Had to replace one or two over the years but no problems since.
I replace a cart only when the printer says it is empty, so I do not interfere with the official routines.
This works most of the time, maybe pulling the plug and replacing all at once increments an error counter, you never know...
No further ideas I must say.

Greetings

JW

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Brother MFC-L8690-CDW
Just a thought. Check the pins that make contact with the chip if you can get at them. Maybe there is some debris on the contacts and it can't connect properly to the cart. Could also be a hardware fault on that circuit.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Just a thought.
All’s good again now, I held my patience with her and tried one last time.:barnie

I removed all the OEM carts after pulling the plug in the middle of start-up, deliberate on my part, to force a different kind of error from her, then left her turned off over night with no carts in her.

This morning I put in another set of carts with compatible reset chips and sure enough I get the message that I hadn’t turn off the printer properly and to press OK to proceed.

She went through a huge cleaning cycle and then paused waiting on a print job, so I gave her a few nozzle checks followed by 10 sheets with text and photo on, and now she’s like new again..

I don’t think she knows how close she came to propping up the waste bin lid.. :lol:

Here’s her status now..
print status.JPG2024-09-13-0001.jpg
The Maxify printer is probability one of the most reliable Canon printers made in the last ten years but when it get temperamental as it sometime does it can drive you off your Feckin head completely..

Last edited:

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Brother MFC-L8690-CDW
Great news, the old girl lives again, maybe she just needed a rest before resuming printing duties :)