Inktec bulk-ink question

Serville

Getting Fingers Dirty
Joined
Aug 16, 2006
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
Points
29
Does anyone know if Inktec really has different ink formulation for different types of Canon dye-printers ?
When I look at the cross reference table, they have different reference number for different Canon printers, although they are all dye-inks.
Is it just marketing? or are they really different ink formulation ?

I have bought 5 bottles of 100ml Inktec bulk-ink for each color but the bottle doesn't have a reference number that matches any of them.
It says for Canon though. (Pigment Black and Bk/C/M/Y Dye for Canon)
 
Serville,

Inktec makes different formulations: the cheapest ones are "universal" inks for all Canon printers, then you will have the formulation for the BCI-3/BCI-6 tanks and the latest is for the CLI-8 series of cartridges. So be careful: there is Inktec and Inktec ink and this not a marketing issue.
 
Thanks for the info. Never realize that.
 
I found the dedicated inks are very good I used InkTec for HP 56/57/58 its a quality ink never let me down
the HP #56 never stopped for 1YEAR plus :)
the #57 was good for 15 refills
Have ordered InkTec dedicated Inks for the PGI5 CL8I and these are a ball to refill the german method
I think the canon tend to use quite a bit of ink due to self cleaning . .but when refilling who cares ;-)
 
Serville said:
Does anyone know if Inktec really has different ink formulation for different types of Canon dye-printers ?
When I look at the cross reference table, they have different reference number for different Canon printers, although they are all dye-inks.
Is it just marketing? or are they really different ink formulation ?

I have bought 5 bottles of 100ml Inktec bulk-ink for each color but the bottle doesn't have a reference number that matches any of them.
It says for Canon though. (Pigment Black and Bk/C/M/Y Dye for Canon)
We are ink manufacturer in China, as I know, they have different ink formulation for different cartridge..by this case they can ensure the printing results similar with original ink, even many people would like to buy universal ink with a cheaper price, the priting result is different.. to protect your printing head, it is better to choose ink according to your cartridge model...
 
Thanks for the info Tommy.
It's another confirmation. Too bad I didn't realize this before I bought 5 bottles of each color, which are definitely universal ink.
Once I use up my stock, I will know what to buy. Always great info from this forum. Love it.
 
Back
Top