i560 prints with all red then green tint HELP.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
gh - I won't be able to check out my friend's bci -6bk cart till I go to his home - some distance from mine. I'll probably strip off the label over the maze or simply punch a hole through it to be sure the actual vent hole is open. It was apparent to me that the air vent was restricted as the ink level changed immediately when I made an opening for a fill hole.

coxenhole

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Well. how is this going to help me? Are you saying that I should punch a whole in the cartridge? What are the chances that more than one cartridge could not get air? Why did it change from red to green? Is there something else that could be wrong? I have never had a problem with previous cartridges. Nobody has mentioned printhead!

I need all the help I can get. Thanks.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
As I mentioned - if changing all the carts to new OEM canon carts solved the problem you would then know that one of the carts was at fault. You are telling us that after you changed all the carts and had a number of good prints you then had the same problem again. Sounds like the printhead to me. If it is under warranty you can contact canon and they will send you a new printhead, no questions asked. If you can't clear the printhead clog you can order a new one for about $50 from the following link:
http://www.inkcessories.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=43