Hello Everyone. Canon Pixma 2510 Black Print Head / Cartridge

iNeed2Pee

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon G2010
It’s Practically impossible without the original code label to identify the proper cartridge for your printer, that why I asked for a Pic of the front of the cart.

What is the full title of your printer, is it a G2510 and is the black cart pigment or dye.. Can you provide a link to the place where you were quoted £45

Thanks for your response.
Here’s the link:

https://www.printerspareparts.co.uk/products/canon-ca91-qy6-8011-replacement-black-printhead

It’s £39.59 including VAT. There's also shipping via Royal Mail costing around £6 on the checkout page.

The fourth thumbnail photo (from left to right) shows a cartridge with an orange label, but there’s no useful information on it apart from an illustration instructing you to peel it off.
I've also attached it here.

Thanks for looking.

EDIT:

I’ve thought about getting these, but I hesitated to order because I wasn’t sure if it would be the best idea. If the colour cartridge fails within, say, a year, I’d have spent almost £90 – which might be better put towards a newer printer and spare cartridges, to avoid being in this situation again.

I purchased the G2510 printer for £179.99 at the time.

Attachments

• CanonQY6-8011_1024x1024@2x.jpg
    CanonQY6-8011_1024x1024@2x.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I’ve thought about getting these, but I hesitated to order because I wasn’t sure if it would be the best idea.
From what I can ascertain the BH-7 cart is recommended for your printer, but is it compatible to the CA-91 cart ?, I don’t know, most of the ones I’ve seen are just as expensive as the one you displayed in your link.

AliExpress say the CA91 cart and the CA92 cart as compatible with your printer but they are a bit vague as to whether they will actually work, one website here I’ve seen your CA-91 cartridge cheaper https://www.123ink.ie/Canon-CA91-black-printhead-original-Canon-QY6-8002-000-i95837-t669011.html

Your best bet is to go to printerspareparts.co.uk and get it there and suffer the cost, because with inkjet printing, there is seldom a cheaper answer on most things.. Sorry but that’s the best advice I can give, even dough it’s not what you wanted to hear..

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I think that like with the printheads for separate ink cartridge printers the cheap printheads for the bottled ink printers from China are used printheads that have been cleaned to look like new, They might work but might also be defective out of the box. I also recommend buying a new OEM printhead from a regular European dealer.

There have been many reports on the forum about cheap and defective printheads from the far East.