Greeting! Needing some Epson help...

BSchuhle

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson/ET-4750
I have a Canon-based/home-based printing business and was recently given a non-functioning Epson ET-4750 printer to try to resurrect. I've discovered that, even though there's plenty of ink in the tanks, the "cartridges" at the print head(s) are completely empty, i.e., the ink doesn't appear to be getting pumped/drawn into them from the tanks. Any suggestions on how to address this situation? Thanks! -- Bill

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I've discovered that, even though there's plenty of ink in the tanks, the "cartridges" at the print head(s) are completely empty,
You already got so far to find the 'cartrdiges' on the printhead carriage, these are called dampers. There are reasons that they go empty - one could be the outgassing of the inks - what type of ink are you using - original Epson or some 3rd party ? you can do one thing - via the driver or the WicReset utility - to start an ink load function but that consumes lots of ink since it assumes that the tubing is empty. Or you use a syringe, insert it into the outlet of the damper and pull ink into the damper - to about 70% - just leave an airbubble there and do a normal cleaning after filling the dampers.