Epson Stylus CX3900 2024 Problem

Ranma2264

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Stylus CX3900
Hi all,
I have the mentioned Epson in the title, I am facing issues that I never had before. The printer came back to me from a family member and I loved it ever since because of its capacity of having such an easy kit of rechargable ink cartdriges. When I refilled the ink everything went fine, including the cleaning nozzle. However when I tried to print all I get are horizontal lines from all the colors or either a mix of colors as well. I tried doing the power on self test, scanning a sheet of paper in color or grayscale, but no matter what I do the result is always the same, colored lines all over the paper and no sign of anything that looks like what I sent to the queue (attached image).
I also cleaned the heads manually with isopropyl alcohol and a cloth, to no avail. I do not know if it will be possible to reset the firmware on these kind of devices, or what approach should I take to fix the issue, the printer has sentimental value, so all in all I'd love to rescue it and restore it, any suggestion would be appreciatted. Thanks!

PXL_20241018_015728560.MV.jpg

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Please post a nozzle test print to see which colors are possibly affected.
You may do a printhead flushing as shown in this video, and there are plenty more on YT

I'm not sure to understand what is epxected from a firmware reset ?
Do you have the chance to connect the printer to another computer and print there as well a test pattern, this should show directly if the computer or the printer is faulty