Epson SC-P900 compatible cartridge chips: resettable or not ?

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-900, SC-P800. WF-7840
Today after some heavy printing, I tried to reset this aftermarket LGY chip again and it went flawlessly: again 100% full after the level dropped about 15% after several sheets of ABW-print that uses alot of LGY ink.

For those interested and having a EU-version of the P900, this is the link in aliexpress.com that sells that so-called one time chip (probably only one time for US-printers, but these chips can be reset using the P900 cartridge chip resetter suitable for EU-verson SC-P900/P700 machines):

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100....order_list.order_list_main.11.3cea1802Raavx6

Resetter that resets both original P700/900 chips and the aftermarket chips mentioned above:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100....order_list.order_list_main.61.3cea1802Raavx6

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Today after printing several pages the past few days I did a reset again with the LGY aftermarket chip, to see if the magic happens again (ink level dropped about 10 %):

The light of the resetter went green again and the printer says YES again :)

IMG_20240916_093330.jpg

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Last I had a particular offer from somebody from Latvia, who wanted my Epson SC-P800 printer to be converted to DTF-printing. After some negotation talk he offered for an alternative deal: he wants to send his hardly used P900 printer for my Epson SC-P800 printer....Sounds like a great deal and two days ago I received the P900.

Unfortunately there are alot air inside the tubing, so I used my modifed original cartridges that came with my first P900 printer (that is now using refillables with the original chips attached). This is my moment to test all the aftermarket chips I bought at aliexpress.com, because I had to force a few deep cleaning to force out the air from the tubing system.

The printer that was send to me (in exchange for my P800) included also empty refillables with the original chips attached to it, but my plan was to test these aftermarket chips, that I put on my modified original refilled cartridges of my first P900

I had to execute 3 deep cleanings and 1 addtional cleaning to free up the nozzles completely....that also drops the ink level of those aftermarket chips significantly. Unfortunately alot of ink down the drain, but it was for me advantageous to see if reconfirm these chips are indeed resettable with the resetter for original chips.

So this is the ink level of those aftermarket chips after 3 deep cleaning, of which I already have reset the violet aftermarket chip:

IMG_20240928_114438.jpg

About 25% ink used to prime the tubing system and free up the nozzles.

I will show you some of the original cartridges attached with the aftermarket chips and also some pictures of the refillables with the original chips attached:

Original cartridges (modifield to be refillable + aftermarket chip attached):

IMG_20240928_114802.jpg
IMG_20240928_114811.jpg

Now some emtpy refillables with the original Epson chips attached:

IMG_20240928_114727.jpg

After resetting those 3 modified original cartridges with aftermarket chip with the resetter:

IMG_20240928_120000.jpg

The ink level of the VM, C and LC cartridges (aftermarket chips) after reset shown by the printer panel:

IMG_20240928_120210.jpg

Thanks to this experiment here the proof that the aftermarket so-called one time use chips can be perfectly reset with the chip resetter that is specified to only reset original Epson cartridge chips, but here the proof that it can reset these aftermarket chips without problems.

This makes it easier for somebody who purchased a used P900, that has not the original cartridges (for the chip) you can buy these aftermarket chips + set of refillables + resetter and you are set. Also when one your original chip broke down, you don't need buy an original cartridge first, but instead buy one of more of these aftermarket chips that can be reset at will.

Last edited: