Epson Artisan 50 refill - flashed red LED light?

asiak

Newbie to Printing
Joined
Mar 23, 2010
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Points
7
I just purchased a set of refillable ink cartridges from an eBay seller. (yes, excellent feedback)

Unfortunately after replacing the original cartridges, I had a flashing power light and a continuous red Ink light.

The printer status says no cartridges are installed.

Having the ink levels detected would be bonus, but what I'd really like is for the ink to work first. :)

Thanks for any advice! I'd hate to dispose of this Epson and move on. (It's my first, and I'm impressed with the quality)
 
Make sure your cartridges (the new ones) have chips on them. Compare against old ones. Do you have a link to the auction?
 
compare chip versions betwen originals and refillables
 
Can I ask what action you've taken to try and get them to work?

eg: turned printer off/on... removed cartridges and replaced, etc...

I assume that you've had some OEM (original) cartridges installed initially... but if you could confirm that'd be good..
 
I initialized the printer with the OEM cartridges, everything worked perfectly. After a few weeks I tried to swap out for the refillables.
I followed the instructions to the letter, making sure all six third-party ink cartridges were installed at once.

The red light came on right away, and none of the cartridges were read (as if the slots were empty).

After resetting the power, the same amber light would appear.

I tried to install the cartridges with the printer's power off. Same effect.

I also tried to put the OEM cartridges back. Read perfectly.

I tried to keep all OEM inks in, except for one third-party cartridge.
The printer spotted the single third party cartridge and asked for a 'genuine' replacement.

Thanks for the quick response!
 
Sounds like your chips are simply not compatible to be honest..

It's more than likely that your printer has an updated firmware as part of a newer production run and that firmware has been programmed to ignore the process used by your chips... Common Epson practice now...

I'd empty them and return to the seller for a refund..
 
Yes, I've come to the same conclusion. :(

I'll notify the seller ASAP.

I may try to swap the ARC chips manually as well. Worth a shot.

Thanks for the assistance!
 
Heard back from the seller, and it seems I selected the wrong printer model. (R280 and not Artisan50-- duh!)

New carts are on the way, and I will follow up with the results to clear the seller's good name. :)
 
Received the correct ink refill cartridges and can confirm they detect and work perfectly!
 
Back
Top