Ebay flooded by cheap Chinese ink

It's no joke.
The revaluation of the RMB is not necessarily an issue with the exports, it is an issue with the amount of US debt denominated in US dollars that they hold at paltry interest rates. The revaluation will create tremendous losses on the USA treasuries that they hold. Guess who has been funding a lot of the US deficit. What money is spent must be borrowed from somewhere. It ain't pretty.
 
Last week I read that Japan, not China, is now the largest holder of US debt. Apparently they bought some of the debt instruments from China. I haven't tried to confirm this info.
 
Well, this is nothing new. There is one Chinese to three other races in the world.
 
What is more interesting is the flood stalls. The flood does not go away. If you look a little more carefully most of the cheap ink items went by with no bids or no sale. I am wondering if some sellers have been drowned to death by the flood. More importantly how many who tested the water (buying such an item) then got drowned (print head clogged).
 
Ebay is quickly becoming an a horrible place to go for anything. I refuse to shop there.
 
16 oz ink sold for $14.95 with free shipping. 20 oz for $19.95 and with free shipping too. Plenty of them there, I mean many sellers there. I am concerned. I am really concerned. Shipping across US continental costs about $8. They sold 16 oz of ink for $6.95 or 20 oz for $11.95. This does not include their costs in warehouse space, wage for laborors, tax and other expenses like for ebay and paypal. I don't believe there is any profit in there unless the ink is really just water.

In the old days I remember paying around $300 for a JVC VCR. It was not cheap but it lasted more than 10 years. A few years ago I picked up a cheap one made in China but with an American brand name on it. What a piece of junk I have got. Every time I programmed it to record something I always ended up recording something an hour late. I made a practice run ahead of time and it worked fine. But again when I programmed it for a real event it made the recording an hour late again. What made me really upset feature of this Chinese made VCR is whenever I programmed it and turned the power off by the remote and before it finished recording (an hour late) I could not turn it back on and change the program. It won't come on. The only way to wake it up is to unplug the power then reset everything including the clock.

Well, it was cheap. Really cheap. But it's a piece of junk too.

I have to be concerned about these people selling cheap Chinese made ink on ebay too. They are so cheap and I have no doubt they are junk too. The problem is they are going to drive all the sellers of quality inks out of business. Sooner or later we will no longer able to buy quality inks any more. The cheap stuff is flooding ebay and you will no longer find decent inks to buy any more. It wasn't too long ago that alotofthings quit. I actually wondered how it would survive because it had prices always higher than most competitions. It was gone then. I picked up some ink from them at the last minute before they shut close their door but it did not last long and I am forced to look for other sellers for quality inks. I did end up buying ink for another supplier. But any time I looked at ebay I know sooner or later this new supplier may be gone again.

I guess this is called capitalism. Junky products with dirt cheap prices always win and force quality higher price competition out of business.
 
:|
There are lots of guys who keep getting their print heads completely blocked up all the time and have trouble maintaining their printers, but cant figure it out.
Would it have anything to do with this cheap c#*p ink they are buying on eBay.. :rolleyes:
 
It is common sense that ink formulation is a technology that is not likely cheap. It is common sense that if ink is too cheap it is not scientifically formulated. It is reasonable to believe such cheap junk ink will cause problems to printers. The cost of an ink is not just cost of material. It includes cost of R&D, packaging, marketing, technical support, overhead of business in wages, office buildings, factory equipments, taxes paid to the government, employee benefits, executive compensations, corporate jets, and advertisements, etc. $5 for a 16 oz (1 liter) of ink you have got to be kidding or it is really sugar water only.
 
nche11 said:
It is common sense that ink formulation is a technology that is not likely cheap. It is common sense that if ink is too cheap it is not scientifically formulated. It is reasonable to believe such cheap junk ink will cause problems to printers. The cost of an ink is not just cost of material. It includes cost of R&D, packaging, marketing, technical support, overhead of business in wages, office buildings, factory equipments, taxes paid to the government, employee benefits, executive compensations, corporate jets, and advertisements, etc. $5 for a 16 oz (1 liter) of ink you have got to be kidding or it is really sugar water only.
Well You gotta think, its coming out of China, no doubt the formulas are "acquired" from somewhere. All the chinese do are punch in the calculations and produce. I have a feeling a lot of that ink isn't horrible as you think.
 
Back
Top