I may be missing the boat here, but I thought that Gray Market was when Manufacturers sold via an Agent at Local Price in that Country, and enterprises outside(mainly) but in Aust there are a growing number of enterprising young folk buying directly from the manufacturer or an Agent in a third country, and selling just cheaper than the Manufacturers Agent and Distributors.
This is Capitalism at work. Get over it Girls and Boys..........a FREE market at work.
What is being posted here are prime examples of the strong exploiting the weak, corruption, pay offs, and worse still Government sanctioned TRADE.
I have 3 Stihl chainsaws, there is a choice of many brands at many price points. Some have cases as standard, others do not. Anyone can just walk in an purchase any from the smallest to the largest. My Son-in-Law was astounded and somewhat nervous, because he needed to have a licence to operate a Professional Chainsaw in England. ( I pointed out that he was not operating the flaming thing in England, we were in Australia......but that went right over his head, didn't even raise a wimper, let alone a smile!)
I was astounded that he did not know how to use a chainsaw, brush cutter, pole saw, post hole auger, or a ride on lawn mower.........
My wife observed that we live outside! coming inside to eat, shower (once a year) and to sleep...otherwise we are outside doing work around the farm.
There is no THEY, its us, if flat tasteless Coke was not acceptable and the masses were not totally apathetic, there would be feedback (AKA..... burps), and change.
Local preferences have nothing to do with Gray Market statements by Canon.
AND I DEMAND that someone explain to
@turbguy, which of the brands (in Europe) is Nutella flavoured, Cone inks suck in the taste department, I think its because Jon Cone is too tight to add flavour, but then his Carbon based inks are allegedly excellent for faltulence however, little is known if its for the creation of, or abatement of.....

.

I am not willing to find out as black lips are a sure symptom of the Black Plague and it would just start widespread panic and food hoarding.
I think I am getting BORED again!!