Canon Chip Resetter Reports

binkie said:
avolanche said:
This is great news(resetting).I have a question about the resetters.I'm still using an MP780(no chips needed)....But I have three brand-new ip4200 's sitting in a closet for future use.Should I buy a resetter now?I'm sure the MP780 will not last forever,though it still works great.So,to future-proof,would it be a good idea to buy a resetter now?Thanks!

Fred
Fred,

If you have no present need for the chip resetter, I'd wait until I need one. The price should be going down (hopefully) and things could change over time (improvements on resetters or Canon modifying their chips so as not to work with the present redsetter). Keep your options opened as long as possible.

Binkie
Thanks,Binkie
I was more concerned with the disappearance of these resetters.But I suppose there is nothing Canon can do.So,as long as we have CLI8 ink cartridges(used or new),they will be valuable.
 
I have contacted a supplier in china for the redsetter, they are selling the units for $30.00 each american dollars plus $23.00 shipping via DHL, so the people selling them on ebay for 69.00 are not bumping the price up that much, if anyone is interested i can post the internet address
 
mrelmo said:
I have contacted a supplier in china for the redsetter, they are selling the units for $30.00 each american dollars plus $23.00 shipping via DHL, so the people selling them on ebay for 69.00 are not bumping the price up that much, if anyone is interested i can post the internet address
The average wage in China is around $200 per month.So a worker has to put in twenty hours to to mail 500grams??
For $23, Chairman Mao can lug it on his back to my house.
 
jackson said:
mrelmo said:
I have contacted a supplier in china for the redsetter, they are selling the units for $30.00 each american dollars plus $23.00 shipping via DHL, so the people selling them on ebay for 69.00 are not bumping the price up that much, if anyone is interested i can post the internet address
The average wage in China is around $200 per month.So a worker has to put in twenty hours to to mail 500grams??
For $23, Chairman Mao can lug it on his back to my house.
$23.00 for DHL shipping out of China is likely an honest price by the seller.
The seller does however, need to research alternate shipping methods...for something as light as the REdSETTER I would think that he should be able to ship for less than half of that $23.00
 
The seller does however, need to research alternate shipping methods...for something as light as the REdSETTER I would think that he should be able to ship for less than half of that $23.00
Would that be with the proverbial "slow boat" from China?

:)
 
Erm... bear in mind that normal shipping methods may not actually reach the intended destination...

The one supplier I use for ARC chips requires all shipping to go through DHL and that means $35US minimum so the assumptions about how expensive or cheap that is, are just that, assumptions... Just because we have it darned cheap over here, doesn't mean it's like that the world over...
 
websnail said:
Erm... bear in mind that normal shipping methods may not actually reach the intended destination...

The one supplier I use for ARC chips requires all shipping to go through DHL and that means $35US minimum so the assumptions about how expensive or cheap that is, are just that, assumptions... Just because we have it darned cheap over here, doesn't mean it's like that the world over...
Normal shipping methods (and I have dealt with shippers in Hong Kong - part of China I believe -manage fine with standard airmail.
The 'requirement' that shipping be through DHL is risible.
 
jackson said:
websnail said:
Erm... bear in mind that normal shipping methods may not actually reach the intended destination...

The one supplier I use for ARC chips requires all shipping to go through DHL and that means $35US minimum so the assumptions about how expensive or cheap that is, are just that, assumptions... Just because we have it darned cheap over here, doesn't mean it's like that the world over...
Normal shipping methods (and I have dealt with shippers in Hong Kong - part of China I believe -manage fine with standard airmail.
The 'requirement' that shipping be through DHL is risible.
Yes jackson, that's been my experience too.
While not a direct comparison, I've shipped heavier items to the Far East for less cost via good 'ol USPS....DHL, UPS, etc would have been deal-breakers.
 
Do you guys know What would be the cheapest way of getting one of these in aussie?

Ive looked on ebay but they want about 50 AUD for one.

ink.co.uk sell them for about 20 aud but they dont ship overseas.

Are there any other places in aussie or overseas with cheapish postage that sell them?
 
brendo1988 said:
Do you guys know What would be the cheapest way of getting one of these in aussie?

Ive looked on ebay but they want about 50 AUD for one.

ink.co.uk sell them for about 20 aud but they dont ship overseas.

Are there any other places in aussie or overseas with cheapish postage that sell them?
brendo,
Seems like one of your countrymen purchased a REdSETTER and posted in this thread few weeks ago.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top