Bambu Lab P1S Combo just arrived !

Tony4597

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Surecolor SC P800
After mulling it over for quite a while I finally went ahead and the printer arrived a couple of days ago. I wanted/needed an enclosed printer for some of the harder to print filaments.

Still finding my feet on this and working my way through Bambu Studio (Orca Slicer) app. Have not printed too much yet other than a couple of tools from the SD card using Bambu filament. So far very impressed with the print quality, speed and ease of use. Only small issues experienced with old (6+ years) PLA, but that is more likely to be down to using a generic PLA profile without any attempt at tuning. The biggest issue being bad stringing using the Autodesk torture test print. Still did not stop me doing a two part print with this filament (Poop chute!) without any real world issues.

At this point I am not sure if I will keep my old Geetech A30 (Creality copy?) . The A30 has a bigger build volume @ 320x320x420mm compared to the P1S 256 x 256 x 256 mm.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Congrats on your new purchase!!! Thanks for sharing your first impressions and experiences.

It's just incredible what Bambu Labs has done for the the 3D printing space in the last few years. SO many companies are playing catch-up. I'm seeing a LOT of very large print-farms moving from old-reliable Prusa printers to Bambu printers... and the reviews are overwhelmingly positive (not perfect... but still very impressive).

What other things do you think you'll use the AMS for? I just don't see myself using multicolor or multi material printing very often, but that could very well be a result of me just being in the habit of finding ways around ever needing more than one color or filament type.

I very often go back-and-forth on getting one. I'm quite happy with my Ender 3 V3 SE, but I'd like an enclosed faster printer. I think I'm going to hold-out until Bambu releases a larger build-volume printer and get that one.

Please keep us posted with how things go with your P1S!

Tony4597

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Surecolor SC P800
It's just incredible what Bambu Labs has done for the the 3D printing space in the last few years. SO many companies are playing catch-up. I'm seeing a LOT of very large print-farms moving from old-reliable Prusa printers to Bambu printers... and the reviews are overwhelmingly positive (not perfect... but still very impressive).
I agree things seemed to have moved quickly in the last few years. My impression too is that other companies are playing catch up and producing "me too" versions and releasing in a hurry onto the market with sometimes lower price points, perhaps before they are fully ready for the masses? Right or wrong my impression is that Bambu have got it very close to spot on and from everything I read seemed to be a good bet for a 'next gen' printer, albeit at a premium price The only thing that gave me cause for concern was the fact that the printer is not really open source with many/most parts being available only from Bambu. Still I am betting they are in for the long term and hopefully will keep innovating within the industry; only time will tell though.

What other things do you think you'll use the AMS for? I just don't see myself using multicolor or multi material printing very often, but that could very well be a result of me just being in the habit of finding ways around ever needing more than one color or filament type.
TBH I was humming and hawing between the Carbon X1 and the P1S and while I would have liked the X1 for some of the added features I could get the P1S with AMS for much less than the X1 alone and as print quality difference between the two seems to be nil the potential for more than one colour e.g. adding text to objects or just plain old aesthetics appealed. Another advantage is the ability to mix filament types within the AMS and for their profiles to be applied once selected plus the ability to have more than one spool of the same filament so when one runs out the print continues with the back up spool. Well thats some of the reasons why I talked myself into it ;). Oh, and not forgetting that ordering the combo unit the price of the AMS dropped by £100 over buying seperately :)

I very often go back-and-forth on getting one. I'm quite happy with my Ender 3 V3 SE, but I'd like an enclosed faster printer. I think I'm going to hold-out until Bambu releases a larger build-volume printer and get that one.
I only know of the Enders by reputation but I understand they are a very good machine. I would have liked to match the build volume of my Geetech, but that would have been unecessary for what I envisage printing at least for now. Now I have bought mine I bet you will soon see the release of a big volume Bambu Labs!! :rolleyes:

For the moment I am still in the honeymoon stage of my relationship with Bambu but so far I have been wowed with my first prints using Bambu PLA filament and without any setup changes just using default settings getting excellent prints with quality and speed improvements over my old unit.

FWIW: Pics of the first prints after setup with Bambu PLA (Green) and 6+ year old Technology Outlet Black PLA. The latter had some issues with stringing (using Bambu Generic PLA settings) on test objects but printed my Bambu Poop Chute without issue, so that may require a little fine tuning. Currently printing under shelf wine glass holders for the duchess to gain some brownie points :)

Attachments

• Benchy.jpg
    Benchy.jpg
    565.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Scraper.jpg
    Scraper.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 25
  • Autodesk.jpg
    Autodesk.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 25
  • PoopChutePart.jpg
    PoopChutePart.jpg