80gsm printer paper curling in the corners

rounakr94

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma E510, Pixma G2010
I have a Canon G2010 Printer for home use. Recently I have been seeing that when I print I can hear the printer head hitting the paper, I inspected the paper and saw that it indeed was hitting the heads before it was being pulled by the paper extruder. I also confirmed it from the slight ink blotches at the corners.
I then discovered that the paper I have is curling up slightly in the corners because of recent constant rain and high humidity.
So, I just want to ask:
1. Will this constant cartridge hitting the paper cause any damage to the heads?
2. Will a large tub of silica gel dehumidifier inside the cabinet solve the issue of paper curling?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
You may need an instrument to measure the humidity, they are typically available via mail order as a combo device showing temperature and humidity. A humidifer would do the job - in principle - but you don't know how long you have to wait. Depending on your residence location you may better keep your paper there all the time.
You may try to find an option to widen the platen gap in an extended options mode, or use "envelopes" as the paper option - give it a try - the envlope setting uses a wider platen gap.