Epson xp-410 Ink Pad

steadyed21

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson/xp-410
After a recent cleaning, when I now turn on my printer, the only thing I get is a message on the printer screen "Error, A printers ink pad is at the end of it's service life, Please contact Epson support". Showing on the screen that the ONLY option is to turn off printer. I turn it off and when I turn it back on.....Same message.
I am a DIY guy and I am going to clean the pad. Is there is a option rather then to call Epson support?

Thanks,
Ed(new member)

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpeg
    thumbnail.jpeg
    94.3 KB · Views: 15

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I looked for a service manual but found none.

The ink absorber counter can be reset using the WIC Reset program. It is free to download and use to get some info about the printer, but to do a reset of the counter you need to buy a key at around 10$. The website lists your printer as compatible with the program.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
WicReset should give you a 5% bonus for free with the 'trial' key , so you can continue printing for a short while.
here is an explosion view of the XP-412 which is probably very close to the XP-410.

https://www.gedat-spareparts.com/ex/xp_412.pdf

Page 4 of the document shows you the box with the ink absorber pads at the right bottom side - item 703. The box is held just with one screw at the bottom rear side of the printer case, you can replace the pads with folded kitchen towel paper pushed into the box, and you mount the box again and do a reset of the counter with a key - as described above by @PeterBJ .