Selecting Printer

alexh1

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a ip6210. This printer has the dual, triple color, $35 cartridges which make it absurdly expensive to operate but I got around that to some extent by refilling. Problem is the refilling will only work 3 - 5 times or so. Both cartridges have had it so I think it's time to get a new printer.

I checked the reviews and the iP3600 looks like it will fit my needs. I don't print photos so I don't need the ultimate print quality. It appears that Canon has defeated the DIY refill on their OEM cartridges but at $5.99 for a generic cartridge it may not make sense to refill these anyhow. However, I checked my refill kit supplier and it looks like you can refill the generic cartriges if need be.

Is this pretty much accurate?

Thanks

Edit - I noticed the iP4820 is only a few dollars more so it's probably the better choice.

Edit again - based on a post I saw here you want to avoid anything using 226 cartridges so ip4700 is the best model using 221 cartridges. I was obviously confused on the OEM vs. generic refill.

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
I would say get the ip4600 as it doesn't perform as many automatic "cleaning" cycles if you decide to refill and disable ink monitoring. The ip4700 cleans more often and for longer than the ip4600 even with ink monitoring disabled. Plus I've noticed that print quality has suffered slightly in the ip4700 vs ip4600 especially my favorite hi res trick of printing with the matte photo paper setting.

Latest posts