PRO-100 Reset Ink Absorber

Apple Mango

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PIXMA PRO-100
Hello, I have a PRO-100 on firmware 2.031. I get the ink absorber is almost full error, so I want to try to reset it before I consider buying a new printer.

I purchased the v6000 service tool and placed my printer in service mode. When setting the ink absorber counter to 0, I get error 006. I get the same error on v5204 and v5610.

The seller said that either I was not in service mode or my printer has a damaged EEPROM. To enter service mode, I clicked the resume button 4 times and heard the USB disconnect/reconnect sound. It appeared as "Canon Device" on my computer and was detected by the service tool. Therefore, I believe I entered service mode correctly. As for damaged EEPROM, I believe I would not have been able to enter service mode if it was damaged. Is this correct?

I messaged another seller who said that the PRO-100 is disposable, which I assume means that it cannot be reset. I found that error 006 means that the service tool version is not compatible with the printer and concluded that this seller was more reasonable.

Has anyone found any success in resetting these printers? Perhaps I have to wait for future service tool versions? I do not plan on throwing this printer away, so if a future version works please let me know. Thank you.