Pixma Pro 100 showing all cartridges full when they are not!

Undervalued

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-100
For various reasons I had not used my Pixma Pro 100 for over seven months. I was concerned that the heads may have dried out but in fact, after going though its power up process, the nozzle check was perfect, as was the photo I wanted to print.

However what bothered me was that the supply level was showing all 8 cartridges as completely full even though they can't be. When it was used to print twenty or so pictures seven months ago I clearly remember that the levels ranged from three quarters full for some colours down to a quarter for others.

So, not having been powered up for all that time it seems to have forgotten how much ink each cartridge had. Same computer and software so nothing else has changed.

How will I now know which cartridges need changing before they run out completely?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Any advice would be much appreciated.
When the ink reservoir become very low to empty on any of the cartridges, the printer will inform you of the correct ink status, regardless of what the reading were before, then it will be time to replace all the carts for fresh ones, and time to reset the chips and refill the old ones.. The printer won’t forget..

P.S. With the laps in time from the previous printing it would be wise to clean the purge pads by flooding the whole area with window cleaner and then running one cleaning cycle.. Happy printing..

Undervalued

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-100
When the ink reservoir become very low to empty on any of the cartridges, the printer will inform you of the correct ink status, regardless of what the reading were before, then it will be time to replace all the carts for fresh ones, and time to reset the chips and refill the old ones.. The printer won’t forget..

P.S. With the laps in time from the previous printing it would be wise to clean the purge pads by flooding the whole area with window cleaner and then running one cleaning cycle.. Happy printing..
Many thanks for that.

Any suggestions about which inks to get and also which resetter?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Any suggestions about which inks to get and also which resetter?
If you haven’t refilled before then that’s a big learning curve to overcome..

As I have no idea of your location I can’t give any advice sorry, anyway if unsure then get aftermarket prefilled carts on EBay..

kdsdata

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro-100 & Brother-L8900
The Hat is correct, it's quit a learning curve. I am glad I did back a while. See some of my early posts (sorry getting those links has not been successful), but in general I would point to https://www.youtube.com/@cheo1949 to get excellent advice from Jose.

I am concerned that with new types of printers that refilling is becoming more and more unlikely. To my observations companies are making things more and more difficult and, if not already less "repairable", then at least less "refillable" (baring the bulk tank units). Anyway, all the Best for your refilling experience.