P20000 circuit error message 1532

Kimkat2025

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 9890, Epson P20000
Hi there - have a P20000 that threw this error message when I was loading up a roll of canvas. It had been working fine and then kablooey. The repair guy has replaced most of the electronic parts and still the error message comes up which basically stops the system from loading. Wondering if anyone knows about the series of checks this goes through when it starts up? Seems like it is getting stopped somewhere early in the booting process and if we can figure out where that is we can figure out what needs to be cleared or replaced. Any thoughts, comments or feedback much appreciated!!

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I would assume that the repair guy had a maintenance manual with him, that is listing all error codes and the resp. fixes for the reported errors. If the problem comes up during the power on/start up phase it could be that a sensor is blocked or malfunctioning, Epson service manuals typically have a chapter describing quite in detail the start up activities - head movements - ink system etc

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Any thoughts, comments or feedback much appreciated!!
That’s a mighty expensive printer, and if Epson are having difficulty fixing it, then I’d look for a new one, in that price range you never want to alienate your customers..

Hogwild

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon D1350, Canon IP6600D
Hi there - have a P20000 that threw this error message when I was loading up a roll of canvas. It had been working fine and then kablooey. The repair guy has replaced most of the electronic parts and still the error message comes up which basically stops the system from loading. Wondering if anyone knows about the series of checks this goes through when it starts up? Seems like it is getting stopped somewhere early in the booting process and if we can figure out where that is we can figure out what needs to be cleared or replaced. Any thoughts, comments or feedback much appreciated!!

I have a Service Manual for this I can PM to you for free, if you like.

EricaSLC

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
p20000
This just happened to my Epson 20000 today... Were you able to find an answer to fix this issue?

EricaSLC

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
p20000
I just took apart my printer after i started to get this message and fixed it... A sensor cap that also holds one of the rollers in place came loose and fell of in the machine! I found the cap and put it back on correctly... Now it works good as new... If you need a more in depth description of what happened and how to fix it let me know
Erica