Kevin from Santa Monica

KevboCA

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100 Pixma Printer
Hey Everyone,
I have been an avid photographer for most of my life and was recently gifted a CANON Pro-100 printer from a friend. The problem is I can't get the thing to print at all. I am enough of a tinkerer and tech person that I feel I should be able to fix this but that isn't working. Having now replaced the print head, all the ink cartridges, and consulted on every web page and spoken with any CANON rep I could reach, their consensus has been to get rid of it. While I understand their reasoning, I am simply too stubborn (substitute your chosen adjective) to give in. Besides, I like the idea of solving a problem that others have given up on. I will not pay more for my repairs than I can reasonably pay for a new printer. I am running it off a 27" iMAC (2021) and would be open to suggestions from this forum on any possible path forward. And no, the seal is not still on the printhead, but I wonder what it would take to clean out a software glitch or an actual clog. More than you wanted to know but that's what brings me here. Most of all, I would really just like the chance to work on printing some of the work I have done over the years for myself and then potentially frame it. I find the cost of professional printing prohibitively expensive. Thx.

Attachments

• tempImagep3uvO4.png
    tempImagep3uvO4.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
  • tempImageIlFmcW.png
    tempImageIlFmcW.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
  • tempImagekJwHrI.png
    tempImagekJwHrI.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 10

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I can't get the thing to print at all
There are more ways to skin a cat..

You say it won’t work, well then tell us what it will do..
Does it turn on and can you install the print head and carts..

Does it do anything when everything is installed, does it make ant noises or do any cleaning cycles, give us an idea on what the printer is doing.. If anything..