Just noticed that Inkjetcarts is offering an ink set for the PRO-1

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Well actually it is a mixture of some of the other "Compatible" ink colors originally for the 9500MKII and the grays from the IPF series.

http://store.inkjetcarts.us/canon-pixma-pro-1-bulk-pigment-refill-inks-p6272.aspx

No method to reset any of the chips so it looks like Ross is dissabling the ink monitoring.

ARCs would solve that little problem.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Canon Bulk Pigment Refill Inks for PGI-29 Pixma Pro 1

Need the new Canon pigments in bulk inks? Try ours today.

You will need our special refilling tips and a Large 60ml syringe per color to refill your PGI-29 carts. See our tech support video where we are printing on empty (chip reading ink tanks).

Various sizes, various sets select drop down box options

PGI-29 compatible (ALL MATCHED WITH QUALITY AND INK TYPES/PIGMENTS) ALL WELL MATCHED EXCEPT GRAYS. OUR GRAYS CAN REPLACE CANON GRAYS AND THEN WE WOULD RECOMMEND PROFILING. INKJETCARTS PROFILES FOR FREE TO ALL CUSTOMERS!
Canon Pixma Pro-1 PGI-29 Ink tanks cartridges

To ensure proper ordering you SHOULD order the inks from the drop down box for your model number! This is cross compatible multiple choice grouping of Canon compatible pigment inks, but there are slight variances and we want to ensure you get the correct inks, so order correctly by model number."

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
It would be very interesting just to see how Ross goes about refilling these cartridges in his latest video.:ep
Joe would you have the link to it..

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
The funny thing is that he doesn't go into filling them at all. Simply that they have "cobbled" together a set that is obviously from the PRO9500MKII as you have and one of the PGI that uses the other colors. If you take a look at the photo of the bottles you can see that. The video he speaks of, I cannot find at all. Sooooooo!

Actually, the ink set should work well and there really isn't anything else out there just yet. That plus the lack of a chip reset option still puts this baby out of grasp for me.
Come on ARCs!!!!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I totally agree with you, without the use ARCs it tends to make it royal pain in the ass to maintain these cartridges.

I swapped a new chip onto a half empty cartridge the other day and then the chip went straight to the big red X
once I gotten very low on ink, there was no low ink warning notice whatsoever.

The Chinese inks are as near to the originals as were going to get and frigging around with different formula of inks
that wont match cant be good for photo enthusiast either.

Bring on the ARCs then well be cooking with gas..:bow