ET4700 leaving black smudges on Epson matte paper

cucurucha

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET 4700
Hi, I recently started printing on Epson matte paper as well as glossy and matte vinyl sticker paper. One day while printing on vinyl paper the printer suddenly made a weird noise, it sounded like a machine part was hitting the paper. The print came out really messed up, and the nozzles were clogged afterwards. I ran the print head cleaning two or three times until the nozzles were fine again.
Today I tried to print on Epson matte paper and noticed that all of my prints had smudges at the top right corner. I checked the paper, it's flat and doesn't hang off the edges. I also enabled the Thick Paper setting in the printer settings, but it doesn't seem to change anything. I also printed on matte sticker paper after printing on the matte Epson paper, and it came out with smudges at the top and bottom of the page. None of this happens on regular paper.

Before I print, I make sure to set the printer and the printer page setup to the correct paper, either Matte or the Glossy Film Paper (as I heard this can help with smudgy ink).

Does anytone know how to resolve this? It's very frustrating to have to waste so much paper :(
tempImageKgmMLH.jpg

tempImageLnov0W.jpg
smudges.jpg

Soso

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-10s, HP C5180
Hi! Have you tried "The circuit board cleaning"? Sorry, I don't know the English name, as my software is in French...

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Does anytone know how to resolve this? It's very frustrating to have to waste so much paper
Try cleaning the underside of your print head, using a paper towel soaked in window cleaner and place it on the printer platen, also flood your purge pads with the same cleaner.. Google it for instructions..