Don't ever turn printer upside down!

alexh1

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi all,

I had an old Pixma printer that's been sitting in my garage for a year waiting for electronic disposal pickup. It had some debris on it so I turned it upside down to shake it off - big mistake! Loads of ink came out of it. Now I know where all the ink from the cleaning cycles goes.

Had I been inside the house I'd be paying for this for a long, long time if you know what I mean.:(

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
That's some good advice there. Yeah ink can really pile up in these printers. My HP printer at work literally had a mountain of black pigment where it sprays to clean itself after several years of use. It was interesting scraping this pile of carbon pigment out. Dropping it into the toilet and letting it soak it was like the toilet turned into a giant well of reconstituted ink.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
qwertydude said:
That's some good advice there. Yeah ink can really pile up in these printers. My HP printer at work literally had a mountain of black pigment where it sprays to clean itself after several years of use. It was interesting scraping this pile of carbon pigment out. Dropping it into the toilet and letting it soak it was like the toilet turned into a giant well of reconstituted ink.
Same thing happens to me when I eat Mexican. :p

Latest posts