Canon IP7250 suddenly stopped printing anything

c72

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IP7250
The printer sat unused for 9 month. It was covered in plastic bags but had pretty full cartridges in. I was trying to print some cd's. I was pleased that after the long break that the first 2 discs printed fine. The 3rd one only printed the top part of the disc. Then the next disc I tried was blank. I tried paper with test patterns and also blank. I had extra cartridges so changed them all but still blank. By the way, when I took the old cartridges out I noticed that all of them had ink in both top and bottom sections except the big black cartridge. I didn't have ink in the bottom. When I ran the windows utility for this printer it came back with a message saying this printer wouldn't work with usb 3.0. On my laptop I have two 3.0 slots but also one usb2.0 slot. so I switched it to it and changed the usb cable. I also ran the clean head utility. I just tried printing a page again and it didn't even try to print this time but gave this error message B200. Really under some pressure to get these discs labeled. I read something about resetting Canon Pixma's by holding down the cancel/stop and on button but nothing seems to have changed. Currently it just flashes the on and cancel/stop buttons. Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Attachments

• printer error.jpg
    printer error.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

c72

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IP7250
Have to get some discs ready by tomorrow so no chance to buy anything. Local stores didn't have any disc printable printers. Doing what I can in the circumstances. I saw this video and tried the hot rinse.
1st try after some hours drying no solution but other comments under the video say sometimes one has to wait. 🤞