Canon GI-790 Black Ink stuck to the inside of Bottle

rounakr94

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma E510, Pixma G2010
I had received two bottles of GI-790 with my Canon Inktank printer G2010 as a promotional offer and after refilling my Inktank when it was nearly empty I am seeing that the ink is stuck to the bottle sides after I took off the wrapper. I shook the bottle and let the bubbles disperse before refilling as the pigment inks tend to settle.

Now since I already refilled it will it be harmful for the printer or the black ink specifically?
Unable to attach image here so adding imgur link

Update:
Added an image of the inside of the bottle. Looks like a residue of ink formed on the sides of the bottle. Now I am scared that the black ink of my printer is contaminated.
How come a Ink that stayed nearly all its life in shade in an AC room and in its box and didn't reach expiration date settle so much? I know that pigment inks are a suspension and settle but shaking them should also un-settle them.

Attachments

• IMG-20240705-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20240705-WA0000.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

rounakr94

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Anyone?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
No, pigment black tends to be a bit more sticky than most of the other colours, just give it an extra good shaking before use.. It’s also one of the reasons why I don’t use these tank printers..

Pigment inks tend to need some agitation after not been used for a while..
Capture.JPG

rounakr94

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
No, pigment black tends to be a bit more sticky than most of the other colours, just give it an extra good shaking before use.. It’s also one of the reasons why I don’t use these tank printers..

Pigment inks tend to need some agitation after not been used for a while..
View attachment 16311
I shook it vigorously for a minute or two but still it stuck to the bottle sides. Anyways as long as this is a known property of the genuine OEM ink the printer should not get damaged I hope.

rounakr94

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
If your unhappy with the pigment black, then returned for another one..
Well it would be a hassle to suck out all the ink bottle it and return it back 😂
Printer is still in warranty so I will just keep it as it is and if anything happens put it on Canon as it was the ink that was supplied with the printer.