Best Ink Cartridge Replacement?

shandi

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
There are many brands of ink and compatible cartridges on the market and the quality is sooo different. People who have bad experience about 3rd party ink/ ink cartridge must have chosen the bad-quality ink/ ink cartridge.

As I have been using compatible ink cartridge, I find that there are many great-quality products out there! And these products information should be shared with everyone who is planning to buy a cartridge replacement and have no idea which one to choose. So ... why not share your best-like inkjet cartridge replacement with us? :D

Please provide information like brand name, cartridge model, how well it works, where to buy, etc. etc..

Cheers,
Shandi

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
The best inkjet cartridge replacement are Canon refilled cartridges. Do a search on "sponge" and find the ones that talk about the advantage of having two different sponge materials and why that is important. I am not aware of any third-party cartridge that has two different sponge materials in it.

Polecat

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have successfully used BCI-6 carts from Bulkinkjetcarts.com and they appear to have two different layers of sponge material in them. When they are flushed out they do not come clean like the genuine Canon ones but retain some of the color. I must agree, however, that the genuine Canon ink tanks are the best.

shandi

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
After finishing five threads, and about ten posts by you, ghwellsjr, I finally found the post you replied on 10/23/2006, I guess that is what you are talking about

ghwellsjr said:
I have observed this problem with non-OEM cartridges and is the reason I now refill Canon cartridges exclusively. The problem is caused by the single piece of foam (also called a sponge) in the larger compartment. Canon used to make their cartridges with a single piece of foam too, but they changed the design to two pieces of foam. The upper piece of foam is a denser material that does not readily accept ink. It's purpose is to allow air to get to the top of the groves located on the wall separating the top compartments so that the air can get down to the hole at the bottom of the compartment to replace the ink that is delivered from the supply tank.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Yes, that is what I was talking about. Thanks for locating it.