Pixma iP7250 and CD-LabelPrint

John Dalton

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I've just bought a Pixma iP7250 and I've noticed in various reviews that the CD label printing software that comes with it is, to be polite, regarded as rubbish. Anyway, I've made sure to keep a copy of CD-LabelPrint that came with my previous Canon printers. It meets my needs perfectly and I'm completely comfortable with it. To save me the grief of producing countless expensive coffee mats I wonder if anyone has had success using CD-LabelPrint with the iP7250. I've gone as far as opening it up and it appears to recognise that my printer is of the iP7200 series.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Why not try printing a CD/DVD and see for yourself. Let us know your results. :fl

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I have used several different CD print Software and ended up back using Canon CD label print, it works for me plain and simple regardless of which printer I choose to output my latest CD creation from.

I have had a few coasters from stupid mistakes of my own but none due to the App. Itself, CD label print works for me nice and easy and I have no complaints about it, I have about six different copies of this App. on different CD’s but I’m still using Version 1.41.
upload_2014-6-10_9-51-37.png

John Dalton

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Many thanks to The Hat for the reassurance. I've just checked and my version is also 1.4.1. I've a couple of DVD projects waiting for me to get a working printer so I'll now go ahead with confidence.

John Dalton

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Just to say that I've now tried CD-Labelprint a number of times now and it's been successful on each occasion. I did speak to Canon support and they suggested that it wasn't supported, but it seems OK to me.

One minor point. The orange Resume light started flashing, which caused my heart to sink as I've normally had this when there's a fault, but fear not - it's simply a request to start the printing.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Thank you for reporting back on your success, I’m glad you got the hang of it straight away and if there are any other little tips you want to know about this App then I’m sure @PeterBJ will pipe in with a most satisfactory answer for you. :)

Up-dates from members are always very welcome, and I just wish we could get more of them.. :fl

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Here is a thread with instructions for both the old CD-LabelPrint program and the newer Canon Easy PhotoPrint EX, that also prints CD/DVDs with supported printers. The thread also mentions a couple of third party programs, Acoustica CD Label Maker and Surething, for those who find the Canon programs too basic.