Looking for the 2nd paper sensor?

mauldo

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
ip4000,ip9000mkII,pro-100
http://www.smoothprinterservice.com...d-mechanism-on-canon-pro-10-pro-100-part-two/

It states on this page that there is a second paper feed sensor(PE sensor) on the Pro-100. I know where the first one is, it is right after where you feed the paper in. It is a black lever that activates when the paper rolls by it.

But where is the second PE sensor? I believe this one is suppose to control the ejection of the paper. I don't see any mechanical type sensor, so I'm guessing it is a optical sensor? Can anyone take a picture of this from your printer? Doesn't have to be from a pro-100.

Here are some pixs of what I'm looking for. Just need to know the location:

these first diagrams were taken from:www.smoothprinterservice.com,I edited to them to show what I'm looking for
pro-100-diagram.jpg

pro-100_top.jpg

pro-100_front.jpg

Last edited:

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
It is a bit late for a reply, but I just noticed one of the images at the forum start page, and clicked it to see the post it was attached to.

I don't know where the second paper sensor is located, but the sensor marked "PE sensor #2" in image 1 is the cartridge prism sensor. It consists of an IR LED and an IR photo diode. A prism that is covered in ink is not reflective, a prism no longer covered in ink is reflective. This is detected by the prism sensor and triggers a low ink warning.

From the drawing it looks like both PE sensor #1 and #2 are mechanical sensors with a hinged arm connected to a micro switch. Is a such sensor visible through the paper outlet?